|KAMER NUUS / CHAMBER NEWS|
TOUR AROUND TOWN
The Chamber of Business hosted its Tour around Town on 12 August 2015, where all the Municipal Departments joined us on a tour to visit all the problematic areas reported in our town. The following report was submitted and will be followed up by the Chamber.
- There were complaints regarding the hawkers in Nelson Mandela Drive, not sitting where the spaces was demarcated. The Municipality did request some of the hawkers to move to the correct spaces allocated to them and not to use the full pavement for their businesses. It was indicated that the Traffic Department will control the Hawkers as set out in the by-laws.
- The taxi rank at the Shoprite Centre is a health and hygiene risk. The Municipality will arrange a meeting between the Chamber and the Waterberg District Municipality regarding this matter.
- The repair work done in Pretorius Street at the Shoprite entrance is still dangerous. Technical services will attend to the hole and clean up the area.
- There are numerous places where potholes have been sealed and everything was just left where the work was done. Contractors are getting paid for work and then they just leave everything as it is. Examples are: Cnr Sussex and Charolais street; Cnr Bonsmara and Sussex Streets and many more
- At the corner of Bonsmara and Simmentaler is a water leakage since our last tour in July 2014. The pavement is still full of gravel from old repair work been done. The pavement of the Granite factory on this corner prevents people from using the pavement.
- There is a terrible sewerage spillage in the Dorps River. It is visible in Pretorius Street, Dudu Madisha Street and on the N11 outside town. This is a health risk that can’t be tolerated. The Chamber is aware of a long term solution, but requested a short term solution to prevent more spillage into the Dorps River.
- Cnr De Klerk and Van Heerden Streets, at the entrance to Soetdoring Flats, is a big hole that was left open after repair work been done. There are many people using that pavement daily and it is a risk for pedestrians.
- There is a water leakage in De Klerk str 73, which was reported
- In Van Riebeeck Street, opposite L&L Bande before you turn in at Eagar motors is an open manhole.
- Hooge Street opposite the Spar, next to the court is industrial rubbish bins that are not cleaned regularly.
- The Municipality will place a notice in the local newspapers to inform the residents that the rubbish removal now only takes place on Wednesdays and no longer on Tuesdays.
- Hooge Street – There are trucks parking in the street, hindering normal traffic. The pavements are also used to dump building materials. This is also a hygiene concern as there is no ablution areas for the drivers.
- The old sports ground in Fourie Street near the Station are also a dangerous place. The structure is not safe anymore and is used for people to squad and illegal activities. There are many liquor bottles that indicate that this place is been used for the wrong purposes. Maybe this building can be demolished.
- The structure of the old Tennis Courts at the Van Rensburg Hall and the Club house is also in a terrible condition.
- There is a water leakage opposite Kestell Street 181. The road in Kestell Street has many places where leakages were repaired, but the tar was not rehabilitated.
- There is an open hole at the cnr of Totius and Hooge Street.
- The condition of Totius Street is terrible and there are many potholes. This is very bad for the town’s image especially for visitors to the Van van Rensburg hall.
- On the cnr of Vanadium and Platinum Street is a big hole, which needs to be filled up and repaired.
- There are people using the open erven in Wilge street as a dumping site. The chamber requested that the owners of the erven must be given a written warning that their erven must be cleaned, if they do not adhere, the Municipality must must clean the erven and bill the owners for the cleaning.
- The condition of Koper Street is weakening by the day. This street was supposed to be resealed since our first tour in 2013. The Municipality promised that this was definitely on the list of repair work to be done before end of November 2015.
- There was a pipe burst on the Cnr Koper and Kerk Street. It was repaired, but the road is falling in again.
- The demolishing of the old pool of the Potgietersrus Primary (now Mokopane Primary) in Geyser Street is still a concern.
- There are still water leakages in 1st Street in the Industrial Area. Old gravel is still on the corners of the road.
- A list of street lights that are not working were given to the Electrical Department for repairs
- A list of new problems with storm water drains were given to the Municipality
Some of the concerns and complaints received from the public were not visited during this tour, but were discussed or reported to the correct departments. The progress on the issues submitted will be monitored by the Chamber and we wish to thank the public for their assistance with the issues submitted.
Die Besigheidskamer Jaarlikse Gholfdag het plaasgevind op 12 September 2015 by die Kameeldoring gholfklub. Spelers het die dag terdeë geniet en die dag het al vroeg gesorg vir ‘n “hole in one” deur Brendon Goss. Bof borge het behoorlik gesorg vir vermaak en pret soos die spelers verby hul bowwe beweeg het.
1ste plek: Wynand Welgemoed & Ernest Kruger – 50 punte
2de Plek: Keith Freeman & John Davies – 49 punte
3de plek: Riaan Foord & Frans Fourie – 48 punte
4de plek: Christo Coetzee & Pieter de Beer – 48 punte
Die Besigheidskamer wil graag die Kameeldoring gholfklub, die klub personeel, elke speler, bof borge en prys borge bedank vir hul bydrae om die dag so suksesvol te maak.
2016 DIENS & ONTSPANNINGSGIDS
Die bemarking vir die advertensies in die 2016 Diens & Ontspanningsgids het reeds begin. Alle belangstellende persone is welkom om Mev. Sandra de Graaf van Maximum Marketing te kontak by 015 491 8028 / 082 693 9741.
Indien u telefoon nommer of adres verkeerd is in die huidige gids of as u dit wil verander kan u ons kantoor kontak by 015 491 8458. Ons versoek asb dat besighede wat nie meer bestaan of persone wat verhuis het se nommers ook by ons aangemeld word. Dis belangrik vir ons om die gids so akkuraat as moontlik te hou.
RESIGNATION OF COMMITTEE MEMBER
It is with regret that we wish to inform you of Mr. Gerrit v.d Veen’s resignation as a chamber committee member. Mr v.d Veen was a huge asset to our committee and he will be greatly missed. We wish to thank him for his dedication and hard work during the past few years. We wish him all the best for the future.
– The Chamber received the guidelines for the design and implementation of speed humps. We are currently
working through the document to ensure that all the necessary signage is portrait as set out in this report.
We will keep the members updated on this situation.
– YEAR END MEETING
The last members meeting for 2015 will be held on 22 October 2015 and hosted at Shikwaru Lodge. We aim for a relaxing networking evening which promises to be most informative.
More information on the speakers, time and sponsor will be forwarded as soon as all the details have been finalized.
We truly hope that all our members will be joining us for this final meeting for 2015.
|40 THABO MBEKI DR * P.O BOX 320 * 0600 * TEL: (015) 491 8458 * 086 692 5882 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliated to: SACCI & AHI